Monday, July 30, 2007

Road Trip


This pretty much sums up our navigational talents :D We drove down to Fort Worth TX for a company picnic.. I know, nutty, but I haven't been out of town in forever. We met at Burger's Lake, which I have to say is my kind of man-made lake. After burning ourselves to crispy goodness, we went off in search of our hotel. My navigator slept the whole way, and it only took me an hour to complete what should have been a 15 minute drive. Check in, shower, change and it's off to find a local Mexican restaurant. Hey, it's Texas, we should be tripping over them. After another hour of driving, during which I visited a number of locales visited whilst searching for the hotel, we ended up at Zeke's fish and chips. OMG, I'm so happy the only "Mexican" place we found was On The Border. I LOVE fish but think tartar sauce is something created by an individual with defective taste buds. But the stuff at Zeke's makes me want to sell all my stamps and move to Fort Worth for the rest of my life. It's just that good. They're in the Ridgelea area if you ever get over that way.
The next day, we debated on how we wanted to spend the day. The zoo, shopping, or possibly the Kimball Art Museum. But no, we decided to go here:
Louis Tussaud's Palace of Wax/Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Grand Prairie TX. I noticed some interesting things in the wax museum. Martin Luther King, Jr bears a striking resemblance to Eddie Murphy, James Madison had incredibly tiny feet and Rapunzel was apparently double-jointed, to name just a few.
This guy was a fave as I'm obsessed with the imminent zombie epidemic ;)

Ripley's Believe It or Not did not win quite as much, but these were kinda cool, as were a couple of the miniature paintings. The last supper created with postage stamps.
A painting on a Pringle's chip.
All around, nice little weekend getaway.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Always entertaining! And so funny about the road sign. I have one I took in New Zealand that is of Wong Way.